Welcome to my blog


Having fun exploring new things every day...come have fun with me...H


Saturday, November 17, 2012

1st Class Clutter











 Jan





One of my favorite vintage stores downtown Lafayette is 1st Class Clutter.

The owner Jan is a wonderfully sweet and gracious lady.

During the summer we spent our Friday lunch hour at Jan's store.

We had a great time browsing and buying.

Hope you like this photo trip through her store.
~ ~ ~


A little shack by the shore

Sells many treasures, antiques galore.

Teakettles tarnished with ripe age,

Books; Thin paged, and edges frayed,

Crystal glasses, pots and pans,

Bottles filled with shells and sand,

Vintage clothes, and jeweled pins,

Photo-Overflowing bins,

Slightly yellow, tiny pearls,

Porcelain dolls of beautiful girls,

Old fashioned shoes, and lots of lace

Eyeglasses in a beat up case.

See the sign that says ‘Open’ on the door,

Leads to all of these and many more,

At that antique shop on the beaten shore.

These treasures are no longer used,

And so are taken somewhere new.

To receive another chance at life,

And that life lies with you.

Though this generation is young, and we have a while to go,

There will come a day when we must grow old,

And in the end we all will loan,

Many antiques of our own.
~
by StephanieD


17 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for a nostalgic visit with Jan! Love that store. In fact, my daughter-in-law's wedding purse was purchased there. Even better, the purse had belonged to Jan.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bonnie,
      Wow, that's unbelievable. What a small world...
      Have a great Sunday and Thanksgiving!
      Heidi

      Delete
  2. you make it seem magical!


    Aloha from Honolulu
    Comfort Spiral

    ~ > < } } ( ° >

    > < 3 3 3 ( ' >

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was für ein freundlicher Laden. Ich könnte da Stunden verbringen mit all den tollen Sachen.

    Liebe Grüsse
    Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being a antiques dealer myself I can appreciate her store. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heidi, I loved browsing through your favorite antique store. I saw so many wonderful things. I especially liked the tiara. I am going to share the poem with my step-mother. I think she will really enjoy it as much as I did.

    It was good to see you over at Living Life. I read "Cutting for Stone" last year. I agree it was a bit slow in the beginning, but I enjoyed it. We had a wonderful discussion at book group. It sounds as if you had a wonderful discussion as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Was für ein schönes Geschäft, wäre auch was für mich. Schönen Sonntag und happy Thanksgiving!
    Liebe Grüße Dorothea

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like there are so many lovely treasures there. I feel like vintage shopping now!

    Hope you have a wonderful week, Heidi! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the name of the shop!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I would love to have a look around that shop Heidi, I would be in heaven but would need a full purse!!

    Thanks for sharing that place of treasures!

    Have a lovely week.

    Hope the weather is good for you.

    x Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for this great trip in a small shop!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How nice you found me and beeing my newest follower:)
    What a lovely antique store you visited.
    Good night:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Heidi,
    This antique shop sounds wonderful. These are my favorite little places to go. They are filled with charm and history, and we are greeted with sweet ladies like Jan. The poem was very nice. Happy Thanksgiving to you, Heidi. I am so thankful for your friendship.
    ~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

    ReplyDelete
  13. I could happily spend hours in that antique shop..such a lovely assortment of items. I like the floral paintings and the pink floral dress.
    Thanks for giving us the tour :)
    Magie x

    ReplyDelete
  14. liebe heidi,
    in diesem laden mit der freundlichen dame würde ichmich auch wohl fühlen. tolle bilder hast du für uns gemacht.
    herzliche grüße
    margit

    ReplyDelete
  15. Liebe Heidi
    Das ist aber ein tolles Geschäft ,da gibts so viel zu sehen,wow.....hier würde ich mich auch wohl fühlen,ich liebe antike Sachen !
    Herzlich grüsst dich
    Margrit

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your photos are perfection; I want to go to that store.
    Rita

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails